Re: RDF as application/rdf+xml

On Mar 23, 2004, at 2:14 PM, Graham Klyne wrote:

> It turns out that getting Apache to serve application/rdf+xml is dead
> easy.  Simply adding the following line to one's .htaccess file does
> the trick for *.rdf files.
>
>   AddType application/rdf+xml .rdf

You probably want to add it to your conf/mime.types as

		application/rdf+xml 	rdf RDF Rdf

or add the above line to httpd.conf as ".htaccess" files have
rather large performance/security downsides.

While on the subject - was

	draft-swartz-rdfcore-rdfxml-mediatype-01

ever turned into an RFC ? If that is the case them I am perfectly
happy to add the above to the Apache standard distributions.

Right now the last I can find is a 'Should Not' in RFC3023:

	http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3023.txt

	8.18 Application/rdf+xml

	   <?xml version="1.0" ?>

	   RDF documents identified using this MIME type are XML documents
whose
	   content describes metadata, as defined by [RDF].  As a format based
	   on XML, RDF documents SHOULD use the '+xml' suffix convention in
	   their MIME content-type identifier.  However, no content type has
yet
	   been registered for RDF and so this media type should not be used
	   until such registration has been completed.

Which makes it a bit hard for me to argue that we should put this
mime type in the core apache distributions.

Dw.