Re: Making MGET more GET-friendly?

On 12.03.2004 11:11:32, Phil Dawes wrote:

>Sandro Hawke writes:
> >
> > Also, is it possible to make a typical Hosting service Apache user
> > account answer MGET?   Does it at least get through to CGI?
> >

>I'm afraid not. With the hosted-apache setups I've used you can't even
>do a PUT or DELETE to a cgi (AFAIK apache has to be specifically
>configured to let this through).

PHP has a "php://input" method that allows reading PUT data.

If a provider allows .htaccess files, I think you can use the
"Script" directive to forward all the PUTs to a cgi script:

   Script PUT /cgi-bin/handle_put.pl

Although the apache doc says that any arbitrary request method can be
used with "Script", afaik this only works if apache recognizes this
method. so, webdav-enabled apaches could use it with MOVE etc, but
for an MGET, apache would need to be compiled with some "mod_mget"
module, I guess..

benjamin

--
Benjamin Nowack