Re: a bnode URI scheme?!

Adam Souzis wrote:

> The idea of a bNode URI scheme seems, at first glance, oxymoronic
> [...] I wonder if anyone has thought about this?

I submitted a URN-nid request for just such an identifier back in
September of 2001:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2001Sep/0030

There's minor discussion on the issue here:

http://www.ilrt.bris.ac.uk/discovery/chatlogs/rdfig/2001-09-24.html#T03-16-30

The caveat was raised therein that having a global identifer for
existentially quantified variables may make people lose sight of the
quantification. But after having thought about it for a couple of
months more, I think I decided that the whole concept was broken;
Sandro's advice is most certainly worth taking.

--
Sean B. Palmer, <http://purl.org/net/sbp/>
"phenomicity by the bucketful" - http://miscoranda.com/