Re: Making MGET more GET-friendly?

From: David Menendez <zednenem@psualum.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 21:48:05 -0500
To: Patrick Stickler <patrick.stickler@nokia.com>
Cc: ext Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>, www-rdf-interest@w3.org, ext Dirk-Willem van Gulik <dirkx@asemantics.com>, David Powell <djpowell@djpowell.net>

Patrick Stickler writes:

> You could also implement URIQA using a proxy, where the actual
> web server is behind the proxy and for URIQA requests, the
> proxy redirects to a particular service portal (e.g. such
> as http://sw.nokia.com/uriqa?) and all other requests are
> passed through unchanged.

I think you could do it on a single (Apache) server with mod_rewrite. I
haven't tried it myself, but maybe something like:

    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_METHOD} =MGET
    RewriteRule ^(/resource.*)$ /uriqa?=$1

which should redirect all MGETs to resources whose path start with
"/resource" to a CGI. I'm sure mod_rewrite allows a way to do that for
any arbitrary URI.
--
David Menendez <zednenem@psualum.com> <http://www.eyrie.org/~zednenem/>