Re: Making MGET more GET-friendly?

From: Dirk-Willem van Gulik <dirkx@asemantics.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 22:27:17 +0100
Cc: www-rdf-interest@w3.org, Patrick Stickler <patrick.stickler@nokia.com>, David Powell <djpowell@djpowell.net>
To: Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>

> I agree the round trip is a cost; I see no evidence to support your
> argument "it is seldom necessary to give descriptions distinct
> identity...".    I need to do it all the time.

We have the same; and

> I think the extra round-trip is worth the cost, and advocate a
> "Metadata-Location" header for information resources, and also a "303

this is very much why we so much like DDDS;

->	go in one step from URI -> Resource OR metadata.

->	One can exist without the other OR vice versa.

->	They can have totally disjoint accessor methods or
	protocols; or multiple; i.e. HTTP for the resource and
	z39.50, soap/lsid or http for the metadata.

Dw