Re: Mistaken identity?

From: Jon Hanna <jon@hackcraft.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 13:00:18 +0100
To: "danny666@virgilio.it" <danny666@virgilio.it>
Cc: "www-rdf-interest@w3.org" <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>, "distobj@acm.org" <distobj@acm.org>, "ken@bitsko.slc.ut.us" <ken@bitsko.slc.ut.us>, "Norman.Walsh@Sun.COM" <Norman.Walsh@Sun.COM>

Quoting Danny Ayers <danny666@virgilio.it>:

> I'm seeking a little clarification of the nature of identity on the web,
> several related issues involved. In short, here are three little puzzles:
> 1. Can a resource have multiple different representations of the same type?
> 2. If two resources have different sets of representations, can they
> ever be considered the same?
> 3. How can I ever assert:
> <http://mydomain.org/a> owl:sameAs <http://yourdomain.org/a> .

If I need to produce a representation of your good self I have a few pieces of
information I know about you from reading your blog to work from. If you need
to produce a representation of yourself you have much more to work with. We
will thus create vastly different representations, though there would hopefully
be some overlap (unless I get you mixed up in my mind with the author of a
different blog I read and describe you as a single Jewish woman living in
Dublin). It's still the same you that is being represented.

So it is with anything else. Plato's cave and all that.

Jon Hanna
"…it has been truly said that hackers have even more words for
equipment failures than Yiddish has for obnoxious people." - jargon.txt