Re: XSLT for literal mapping/conversion

Kirkham, Pete (UK) wrote:

>>Does the following look a feasible way of using the two together:
>><r1:date>
>>    <xxx:transform rdf:resource="http://example.org/r2-to-r1.xsl" />
>>    <rdf:value>4th June 2004</rdf:value>
>></r1:date>
>

> I was under the impression that RDF semantic extensions have to be monotonic, and that a graph entails all its subgraphs.

Nothing non-mon there I see.

Three triples

_:a rdf:type r1:date .
_:a xxx:transform eg:r2-to-r1.xsl .
_:a rdf:value "4th June 2004" .

We might expect xxx:transform to have semantics along the lines of

"the object of this statement is an XSLT transform that when applied to
the subject serialized in such-and-such a way gives additional triples
that are also true."

This could constitute a semantic extension to RDF as defined in RDF
Semantics.

Given this the three triples are monotonic in that if we delete any of
them the result still holds.

===

The hardest bit I see is the "such-and-such": I think TriX would make it
easier. RDF/XML has too much variability.

FWIW I agree with Damian that it might be better to hang this off a class.

Jeremy