RE: Bibliographic Record Schema

From: Pete Johnston <p.johnston@ukoln.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 15:05:53 +0100
To: 'Richard' <listserve@richardlennox.net>, 'www-rdf-interest' <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
Hi Richard,

> I have considered this syntax however, there is the
> requirement that contributors of different types still need
> to be listed in some order hence my syntax. For some reason
> using rdf:Resource parses with both the W3C RDF Validators

I think the validator just treats it as some unknown property, but it
does generate a warning message e.g.

Warning: {W103} Creating statement for unknown RDF property:
&apos;rdf:Resource&apos;.[Line = 16, Column = 43]

(from validating your
http://www.macs.hw.ac.uk/~ceerdl/Dissertation/example5.rdf )

> and the SWI-Prolog RDF Validator however incorrect it is
> which has confused me.
>
> Perhaps I am trying to do too much with RDF?
>
> I need to say in
> the simplest way possible that there is a list of contributors:
>
> 1 marcrel:aut #XYZ
> 2 marcrel:ill #ABC
>
> such that they point to a foaf:Person.

OK, in that case, as bib:contributors and marcrel:(xyz) are both
properties of your  resource of type bib:Citable, and it's the
contributors you wish to order, I think you'd need to use them as
distinct properties, something like bib.xml attached (which generates
the graph attached as bib.png).

> Can someone help me out?  With the deadline looming I really
> would need to fix this in 24 hours.

Pete

bib.png
(image/png attachment: bib.png)