Re: SIMILE Store Report

From: Andrew Newman <andrew@tucanatech.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 10:50:33 +1000
To: Ryan Lee <ryanlee@w3.org>
Cc: www-rdf-dspace@w3.org, www-rdf-interest@w3.org

Ryan Lee wrote:

> The SIMILE Project put together a report on the current state of triple
> store applications' performance at a medium scale as a preliminary step
> towards determining which store might fit our project needs best at a
> larger scale.
>
> XHTML and PDF versions of the report can be found at
>
>   http://simile.mit.edu/reports/stores/
>
> Feedback and comments are appreciated.

Actually, the other rather strange result is:

                                   Configure
KowariITQLHybridModel  (Network)  80304
KowariLocalModel       (Local)    2166

Now, this time the network one is slower but by 78 seconds.  This seems
excessive even for RMI.  I'd suspect that the same queries are not being
done in the network version.