Re: RDF graph representation

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 10:11:25 -0400 (EDT)
To: Yuzhong Qu <yzqu@seu.edu.cn>
Cc: Dimitri Glazkov <dimitri.glazkov@gmail.com>, RDF Interest <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>

On Fri, 23 Jul 2004, Yuzhong Qu wrote:

>> For instance, how would you represent an OWL property restriction in
>> such a graph mode? Wouldn't this mean that you'd have to point an arc
>> into the middle of another arc?

Other possibliities have been provided, but I think in a simple
representation that's actually a fine thing to do. Specifically, put a label
on the arc (like a node that has the property of being on an arc, rather than
at one end) and draw arcs from it.

Visual graph representation is a convention for making information clear. In
different situtations people do it slightly differently. (It would be easier
in a 3 or 4 dimensional format, but that's beyond the tools that people tend
to have available...)

cheers

Chaals