Re: Real data

From: Eric Jain <Eric.Jain@isb-sib.ch>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 14:35:44 +0200
To: Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>
Cc: rdf-interest <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>

>    - use purl.org URLs instead of uniprot.org ones

That might work.

> In general, I would be interested to hear what the people in charge
> of the web site are saying, because this is must be a very common
> problem.

I'll forward you some mails privately...

> Can you use HTTP redirects to do that mapping, too (assuming the above
> problem is solved)?

Yes, in fact a request for "/lsid/urn:lsid:..." will redirect to
"http://...". But since the resolution mechanism is very efficient, I
usually prefer to generate direct links to the resolved addresses from
within web pages, rather than linking to the resolver itself.