Re: DC with RDF Modeling Questions

Victor Lindesay wrote:
> Kurt and Thomas wrote:
>

>>No, use the full URI for the property.  You can define
>>entities in a DTD
>>to get an abbreviation:
>>
>>	rdf:ID='&dc;title'
>>

>>><rdf:Property rdf:ID="dc:title"/>          <--- Is
>>
>>'dc:title' OK to use
>>
>>>this way????  Should I use an entity instead of the prefix????
>>
>>Yes, use an entity as as above.  No QNames in attribute
>>values, please.
>

> rdf:ID should be a NCName so this this still wrong.
> http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-syntax-grammar/#rdf-id

Whoops, I overlooked the "ID" part!  You're right.  Just for
completeness, the full URI (with a possible entity shorthand -
&dc;title) is used in attribute values like rdf:about.  But rdf:ID is
like an xml ID type (although without a DTD or schema it probably can't
literally be one.  The Rec spells this out - the ID value is used in
conjunction with an xml:base value to build an effective URI.  All such
URIs are given a "#" sign between the base URI and the ID value. So if
you want a slash instead of a hash you are out of luck.

I recall being bit by this in the past, and now I try to avoid using
rdf:ID for these reasons.  Sorry for the erroneous response.

Cheers,

Tom P

--
Thomas B. Passin
Explorer's Guide to the Semantic Web (Manning Books)