Re: Real data

From: Eric Jain <Eric.Jain@isb-sib.ch>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 13:05:47 +0200
To: Damian Steer <damian.steer@hp.com>
Cc: rdf-interest <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>

> One suggestion: could you give more information about how this data can
> be used? I just see (c) currently. You might want to look at adding some
> creative commons <http://www.creativecommons.org> info to you
> owl:Ontology section to flesh this out.

This is an excellent idea.

Currently some of the data is free only for non-commercial use, but
starting from next year all data will be available for free [see
http://www.uniprot.org/terms.shtml].

I'm not sure what our policy on derivative works is, and this may take a
while to clarify - certainly not a bad thing to do, anyway.

I plan to move the data found in the datasets.rdf file into owl:Ontology
headers in the corresponding files, but will need to update some code
first :-)