Re: Semantic E-mail

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 00:34:26 +0200, Danny Ayers <danny666@virgilio.it> wrote:
> Returning to your original example:
> ><rdf:Property rdf:about="http://NEW/#messageid" rdfs:label="messageId"
> >rdfs:comment="The unique Message-Id">
> ><rdfs:subPropertyOf rdf:resource="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/identifier"/>
> >
> ><rdfs:seeAlso rdf:resource="http://xmlns.filsa.org/xmlns.filsa.net/emir/0.2/#messageid"/>
> ><rdfs:seeAlso rdf:resource="http://www.openhealth.org/xmtp#Message-ID"/>
> ><rdfs:seeAlso rdf:resource="URN:ietf:params:rfc822:message-id"/>
> ></rdf:Property>
>
> Would I be right in thinking that
> URN:ietf:params:rfc822:message-id
> etc. are other ways of describing a message id? To be used as:
> X hasMessageId Y
> If so, although owl:equivalentProperty might be an option, I'd be wary of using it because the alternatives might not be /quite/ the same. How about:
> <owl:ObjectProperty rdf:about="http://NEW/#messageid" rdfs:label="messageId"
> rdfs:comment="The unique Message-Id">
> <rdfs:subPropertyOf rdf:resource="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/identifier"/>
>
> <rdfs:subPropertyOf rdf:resource="http://xmlns.filsa.org/xmlns.filsa.net/emir/0.2/#messageid"/>
> <rdfs:subPropertyOf rdf:resource="http://www.openhealth.org/xmtp#Message-ID"/>
> <rdfs:subPropertyOf rdf:resource="URN:ietf:params:rfc822:message-id"/>
> </owl:ObjectProperty>
>
> In other words, http://NEW/#messageid shares characteristics of each of
> these, but perhaps not all, is a specialization.

It is a specialization of dc:identifier, but I don't think it is ok to
say that an identifier is a specialization of itself (more or less).

And I don't think it's ok to suggest "J sameAs K" using both "J
subPropertyOf K" and "K subPropertyOf J"

> Again, if I'm reading the intention correctly, this is all working
> within the property(/class) hierarchy, and should stay comfortably
> within OWL DL, although I believe you will have to explictly type the
> referenced properties, i.e. something like:
 > <owl:ObjectProperty
rdf:about="http://xmlns.filsa.org/xmlns.filsa.net/emir/0.2/#messageid"
/>

The intention is promote partial understanding within the vocabulary
itself; not by using (mixing) volatile elements, but by referring
several volatile elements, having a degree of redundancy.

I thought that this was ment to be possible with RDF Schema, and from
my understanding, seeAlso was created for this purpose.

Thank you,
Laur