Re: XMP opinions?

There has been much discussion[0] about the lack of free tools for XMP;
there is an SDK available[1], but it essentially requires Acrobat
(full) to be on the client.

One I have used is xmpincl[2], a LaTeX package that works with pdflatex
to include a metadata file in the PDF output. This seems to work,
though I don't use Acrobat so I can't view the output! (It's there in
the file, though.)

Adobe state that XMP works with a subset of RDF, and they appear to be
doing a slight corporate thing of not reusing applicable work where
they could (e.g. xmp:CreateDate, with a string time representation).
However, it's nice to see that XMP exists at all, of course!

[0] http://creativecommons.org/weblog/entry/4270
[1] http://partners.adobe.com/asn/tech/xmp/download.jsp
[2] http://www.math.utah.edu/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/xmpincl/

-Richard