Re: rdfs:seeAlso Re: Semantic E-mail

From: Richard Newman <r.newman@reading.ac.uk>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 09:41:03 +0100
To: www-rdf-interest@w3.org

I can only speak for myself, but the primary usage I see is exactly
this: if I know someone's FOAF file, I put a seeAlso link to it in
their description in my file.

It tells a crawler "get this file for more information about this

So, for instance data that seems to make sense.

For the original suggested usage ("promote partial understanding by
usage of rdfs:seeAlso in its schema") --- i.e. using seeAlso in an
ontology, presumably as an aid to translation tools --- I'm less sure.

An ontology itself could have a seeAlso link to another RDF file
containing versioning or Dublin Core meta-data; that seems like a
reasonable use, separating things out.