More thoughts for SW-IG F2F agenda

From: Graham Klyne <gk@ninebynine.org>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 08:40:15 +0000
To: RDF interest group <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>

I've been thinking some more about the issues that seem to affect
deployment of RDF applications, and think it may be useful to discuss
techniques for RDF data acquisition, in broad terms and also in detail:

- embedding RDF in existing data formats (e.g. RDF-in-XHTML,GRDDL)
- scraping RDF from existing data formats (I vaguely recall Sandro's
blindfold  was along these lines)
- creating interfaces to existing data sources that deliver RDF data (e.g.
via work-in-progress RDF access work, Jo9seki, etc)
- creating applications that work "natively" with RDF data (RDFGateway, new
apps based on Jena, etc.)

And a mirror to this topic is ways that applications can actually deliver
the results of RDF processing.

#g

Graham Klyne
For email: