Re: AW: Can hash URI description lookups be made to scale?

From: Patrick Stickler <patrick.stickler@nokia.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 14:40:36 +0200
Cc: "'Phil Dawes'" <pdawes@users.sourceforge.net>, <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
To: "ext Leo Sauermann" <leo@gnowsis.com>

On Jan 30, 2004, at 13:28, ext Leo Sauermann wrote:

> the hash (#) had also caused me some trouble, I woiuld avoid it and use
> it only in namespaces.

I would advise avoiding it nearly everywhere. Terms in vocabularies
are first-class resources no less important than web pages, service
portals, image files, etc. And we want to have just as robust and
useful URIs for those resources as for any resource.

"Just say NO" to fragment identifiers!

;-)

Patrick

--