Library based on RDF

From: Henk Jurriens <henk.jurriens@home.nl>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 18:24:10 +0100
To: <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>

I'm working on a portal with a module 'Library'. In this library you can store
your documents, photos etc. The library is based on a semantic network which
is based on RDF. The semantic network acts like an intelligent index for all

The information is stored in a MySQL database with rows ( identifier,
subject , predicate , object ). The index can be created from an OWL-
ontology .

Also I'm creating `agents` for filling the database. These agents take a look
at some attributes of files, but also in files searching for special tags.

This together makes it possible to search intelligent through your

Is this a good approach of using RDF and ontologies?? Please give me your