Photo database

From: Cameron McCormack <cam-www-rdf-interest@aka.mcc.id.au>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 11:37:13 +1100
To: www-rdf-interest@w3.org

Hi everyone.

Another thing I want to do is rewrite my photo database.  At the moment
I just have a plain text file with key=value pairs inside to annotate my
photos.  I only have title, description, date and sequence number
information in there but I want to expand it to describe who is in each
photo, where the photo was taken, etc.

So RDF looks like a good way to describe my photos and provide support
for different ways of browsing through them.  Is there a popular photo
vocabulary that I should use?

I would like some tips on handling the actual RDF data on the web
server, too.  Should I write an RDF/XML file for each photo?  If so, how
do I "link" the .rdf files together?  Should I have a single .rdf file
that describes all the photos I've taken?  Then comes the processing.
After fiddling with Redland to do my TV/film viewing RDF->HTML script I
find I don't really want to do something so verbose.  There must be a
way I can have some .rdf files and say simply (in one or two lines of
code) "get all photos which have person X in them" and easily extract
the properties of that photo.

Thanks,

Cameron

PS: I just found http://esw.w3.org/topic/WWW2004, and hopefully I will
    be at WWW2004, so it'd be cool if my photos used a compatible vocab. :)

--
Cameron McCormack