Re: [www-rdf-interest] <none>

From: Morten Frederiksen <mof-rdf@mfd-consult.dk>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 19:06:57 +0100
To: www-rdf-interest@w3.org

On Tuesday 13 January 2004 14:04, Charles McCathieNevile wrote:
> >I know the rel attribute, as XFN uses it,
> >is http://gmpg.org/xfn/1#rel. So is it valid then to declare a prefix,
> >by example xfn, for the namespace http://gmpg.org/xfn/1 and use
> >xfn:rel as a property for a foaf:Person?
> Yes, I think you can do this. It seems to be what the document you referred
> to suggests in its last paragraph. (Assuming that it is a sensible use of
> the rel property :-)
This seems to imply treating the relationship as a full-blown entity, a
class, which is a fine approach, but I think the easiest way would be to
simply have each of the various relationship types be properties, i.e. use
http://gmpg.org/xfn/1#met, http://gmpg.org/xfn/1#neighbor, etc...
These could then be subproperties of foaf:knows.

I'm not sure how the XFN people would feel about this kind of URI space
hi-jacking though...

In any case, I don't see a http://gmpg.org/xfn/1#rel property as being
useful, unless I missed something about the concept, what would the domain
and range be?

Regards,
Morten Frederiksen