Re: Listing vocabularies RE: Some questions

From: Nick Knouf <nknouf@MIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 11:16:35 -0500
Cc: www-rdf-interest@w3.org
To: Pete Johnston <p.johnston@ukoln.ac.uk>

> It was quite an eye-opener to see the large number of "variant" URIs
> deployed for common terms (either because specs had changed over time
> or
> because of typos in XML, "#" in place of "/" in XML namespace names,
> and
> so on), as well as the range of "locally" minted terms.

As a followup, I was wondering what people consider to be best
practices when using a persistent URL service like purl.org.  For my
bibTeX in OWL schema [1] the PURL for the namespace is

http://purl.oclc.org/NET/nknouf/ns/bibtex

That PURL, when resolved (it goes to the schema definition), already
has the # appended.  On the other hand, I could leave the # sign off of
the PURL and the namespace would be

http://purl.oclc.org/NET/nknouf/ns/bibtex#

Does anyone have feelings one way versus the other?

Cheers,

Nick Knouf

[1] http://visus.mit.edu/bibtex/0.1/