Re: Some questions

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004, Jeroen Budts wrote:

>I also saw some Foaf files where people had declared the foaf
>namespace as the default namespace for the page and then defined it
>again with the foaf: prefix, and they sometimes use the foaf classes
>and properties without prefix and sometimes with prefix. Is there any
>difference?

well, there is nothing to stop you declaring two prefixes (or the default and
one) for the same namespace - it's just a bit more hassle for anyone foolish
enough to read source code :-)

>Is there somewhere a list of all available/known rdf vocabularies?

I doubt it. Unless you mean all the voabularies that some person knows really
well...

seriously, there are lists of vocabularies around, but it is known that a lot
of vocabularies are creaeted by people without ever being so much as a schema
labelling terms in the vocabulary - let alone listed anywhere.

(annd I think this list still welcomes this kind of question...)

cheers

Chaals