Re: client side rdf ->xsl -> html

From: Graham Klyne <GK@ninebynine.org>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 09:48:41 +0000
To: Gerrit Kuilder <gerrit@kuilder.net>, rdf interest <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>

At 17:40 11/01/04 +0100, Gerrit Kuilder wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>this might be a stupid question but I cnt find the solution.
>
>I have a few rdf files (valid) wich should be parsed to html  on the
>client side.
>
>The to looks like:
><?xml version="1.0" ?>
><?xml-stylesheet href="photo-rdf.xsl" type="text/xsl" ?>
><rdf:RDF xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#"
>
>In internet explorer I get the html but sofar I have had no luck in
>Mozilla and/or Netscape
>
>Although I tend to go into the direction of re-generating the html when I
>update the  rdf, it ould be nice to let it happen on the browser side
>
>Anyone any tips or pointers?
>
>Regards,
>
>Gerrit Kuilder
>
>BTW, if someone nows of some clever perl/cgi code to edit rdf's that would
>also be nice....

I don't know if this is remotely useful, but I have some RDF/N3-driven
"report generation" software in Python, linked at:
   http://www.ninebynine.org/Software/Intro.html#RDFReportGenerator

I've used this for generating DNS and DHCP configuration files, document
tracking descriptions in HTML, and message header registry data in XML and
HTML, all from RDF/N3 inputs.

As it happens, I'm just thinking about implementing a more user-friendly
front-end (translator) for the report generator, which is currently about
as user-friendly as a cornered rat.

#g

Graham Klyne
For email: