In-Depth Genealogy Ontology

From: Matthew Smith <matt@kbc.net.au>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 20:32:40 +1030
To: www-rdf-interest@w3.org

Greetings

Further to my recent posting, I have decided to take the bull by the
horns and produce a genealogy ontology.  I propose to take this beyond
what most genealogy software offers:
* Totally Open-Source solution
* W3C technologies where possible
* Web-based for accessibility and collaboration
* Extend in scope to be a 'life resume'
* Recognise and work around record authorities

The actual working system that I plan to get out of this will be based on:
* RDF
* XSLT
* XSL:FO
* Perl
* MySQL

Depending on how long it takes to get this off the ground (I have little
time to put into it at the moment), I am assuming that browser support
will soon be available allowing me to bring into the equation:
* Xforms
* SVG

If anyone would be interested in collaborating on this, please let me know.

Cheers

Matthew Smith
Kadina Business Consultancy
South Australia