RE: XHTML and RDF; thinking about Trix, etc

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 13:16:46 +0100
To: "Graham Klyne" <gk@ninebynine.org>, "Jeremy Carroll" <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>, <Patrick.Stickler@nokia.com>, <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>

> I'm not sure that it's really helpful, at this time, to even talk about
> replacing RDF/XML syntax (whatever one may believe is actually going to
> happen).  I think it represents a stable foundation, or something
> that can
> be perceived as such, for building more interesting stuff upon.

It's clearly not going to be replaced any time soon ...
I don't think we are disagreeing here.

RDF/XML does have known significant weaknesses and it is important to be
beginning to address those - and the TriX paper starts from the premise that
that cannot be done without starting over.

It is also important to appreciate the strengths of RDF/XML, which is one of
the reasons I think it is important to show that you can do RDF/XML in TriX.

Jeremy