Re: RDF Triples in XML, named graphs

From: Bob MacGregor <macgregor@ISI.EDU>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 08:35:37 -0800
To: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>, Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Cc: Dan Brickley <danbri@w3.org>, www-rdf-interest@w3.org

In the TriX paper, you occasionally resort to attribute
syntax like  "asserted=false"  instead of triples syntax.
Is this sugar-coating or fundamental?

If fundamental, then I would guess that there is something
wrong with your semantics, since
assertions about graphs shouldn't get any special
treatment.  If its sugar-coating (which I hope it is),
then I would recommend eliminating it in your text
at least in the initial introduction, since it leaves
the impression that there are two different syntaxes,
one for assertions about ordinary "nodes" and one
for graph nodes.

Cheers, Bob