Re: Real World Semantic Web Tools?

Hi Mansur -

You wrote that you are seeking information on:

>3) A means for capturing and representing axioms or rules which formalize
>useful inferences in the domain (e.g. using the above).
>4) An interface that invites the construction of queries (e.g. plugins for
>the above).
>5) An accessible query engine which will handle querying and inferencing
>(using the axioms/rules) and present the result in a useful way.

You may be interested in the "Semantic Web Presentation" at
www.reengineeringllc.com, which spells out an approach to this kind of
thing.   It talks about a system for 3)--5) above that is live, online at
the same site.  There are some SW  and e-commerce examples that you can run
there.  You can also write and run your own examples, using a browser.

In particular, the presentation and system address your point "(iii) can be
*used* and understood by end information users (we are not programmers!)."

Non-commercial use of the system is free, and we would be interested in a
joint project.

Hope this helps.            Cheers,  -- Adrian

List folks:  Apologies for the cross post, but it is in reply to such, and
the topic of end-useability and authorability seems important.

                                            INTERNET BUSINESS LOGIC

                                              www.reengineeringllc.com

Dr. Adrian Walker
Reengineering LLC