Re: RDF Triples in XML, named graphs

From: Patrick Stickler <patrick.stickler@nokia.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 11:44:29 +0200
Cc: Dan Brickley <danbri@w3.org>, www-rdf-interest@w3.org, Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
To: "ext Benja Fallenstein" <b.fallenstein@gmx.de>

On Feb 11, 2004, at 16:53, ext Benja Fallenstein wrote:

> Jeremy, Patrick,
>
> Wow. I'm impressed. This approach never occured to me. It seems
> *right*.
>
> There's just one objection I have, as someone developing an RDF editor
> tool: There should be a standard way for declaring an XSLT stylesheet
> for transforming a document from basic TriX into the convenience syntax
> used. It would be very annoying if my editor could read TriX in your
> carefully crafted syntax that expresses the problems in your domain
> with
> beautiful simplicity, but is only able to output plain TriX triples.
>
> How about an optional attribute on the <graphset> element, giving the
> URI of a stylesheet for transforming plain TriX into the user's
> prefered
> syntax?

The problem with such an addition is reflected in the words "user's
prefered syntax".

Each consumer of the very same TriX instance may prefer a distinct
transformation.

Better to allow the user to configure the editor/browser to associate
a stylesheet with the TriX MIME type (which I guess should be defined
and registered...)

Cheers,

Patrick

--