Re: Time-sensitive resources using RDF?

While people are at it, I notice that there is another spec from the
Multimodal Interaction Activity that could use a look.  The Extensible
Multi-Modal Annotations (EMMA) http://www.w3.org/TR/emma/ working draft
says that it provides "an annotative syntax derived from RDF...".
However, that's the only mention of RDF in the document, including the
references.  It would be nice if the relationship were made more explicit.

EMMA is also cited as "a target data format for the semantic
interpretation [for speech recognition] specification being developed in
the Voice Browser Activity" (the Semantic Interpretation for Speech
Recognition specification is at
http://www.w3.org/TR/semantic-interpretation/ and is also in Last Call).

Given that the word "semantic" always seems to set off alarms wherever
it appears (and probably ought to!), I hope people in both the Voice
Browser Activity and the Semantic Web Activity are working on their
stories to explain the relationship between "semantic" in these two
contexts, especially since neither the semantic interpretation document
nor the Voice Browser Activity page at http://www.w3.org/Voice/ seem to
suggest that there is one (ahem!).

--Frank