Re: Time-sensitive resources using RDF?

It's perhaps worthwhile pointing out that RDF provides facilities for
dealing with datatypes and units of measure.  There is material in the
RDF Primer on this subject, specifically Section 2.4 on Typed Literals
(which captures the computing type part), and Section 4.4 on rdf:value
(which discusses how to introduce units).  Example 21 from that section
illustrates the general idea, using XML Schema datatypes and a madeup
vocabulary for the units:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE rdf:RDF [<!ENTITY xsd "http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#">]>
          xmlns:exterms="http://www.example.org/terms/">

<rdf:Description
   rdf:about="http://www.example.com/2002/04/products#item10245">
     <exterms:weight rdf:parseType="Resource">
        <rdf:value rdf:datatype="&xsd;decimal">2.4</rdf:value>
        <exterms:units
             rdf:resource="http://www.example.org/units/kilograms"/>
     </exterms:weight>
</rdf:Description>

</rdf:RDF>

Other approaches are also possible, but in an open environment like the
Web, we are, as Neil suggests, generally going to have to be more
explicit about describing data.

--Frank