Re: ROR - Resources of a Resource

From: Laurian Gridinoc <laurian@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 01:42:17 +0200
To: Dom Vonarburg <dom@rorweb.com>, www-rdf-interest@w3.org

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 15:47:22 -0500, Dom Vonarburg <dom@rorweb.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the info. Do you have an RDF example of the use of criteria?

The idea would be:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<rdfs:Resource rdf:about="http://www.example.net/">

          <!-- Representations subClassOf rdf:Alt -->
          <rdf:type rdf:resource="http://example.net/rep#Representations" />

          <rdf:li rdf:resource="http://www.example.net/en/" />
          <rdf:li rdf:resource="http://www.example.net/jp/" />

rdf:resource="http://example.net/rep#LanguageNegociation" />

A resource holds a bag of alternate representations, and a selection
criterion attached to the bag.

The above example validates, but I think it's a bit wrong, anyway the
graph shows the idea.

> More types of relationships will definitely be added to ROR.

A bag to allow `direct' resource composition (not by the property
resourceOf), would be helpful, such that on that bag other statements
can be made. I doubt that rdf:SeeAlso can be used for this, it might
be too generic.

Laurian Gridinoc
Chief Developer