Re: ROR - Resources of a Resource

From: Pete Johnston <p.johnston@ukoln.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 07:48:29 +0000
To: dvonarbu@yahoo.com
Cc: www-rdf-interest@w3.org

Quoting Dom Vonarburg <dvonarbu@yahoo.com>:

> The first draft of ROR (Resources of a Resource) is
> available at http://www.rorweb.com
> ROR is simple vocabulary for describing the resources
> of a resource (a website, a blog, a feed, a list of
> things, a tree or web structure, etc) in a generic
> fashion.
> It also provides terms for describing objects commonly
> found on websites (products, articles, feeds,
> newsletters, methods, sitemaps, menus, reviews, etc).

I noticed that you coin two properties

(A resource or object associated with this resource)

(A resource or object this resource is associated with (inverse property of

Is that necessary? Aren't these two properties for the same relationship type?
i.e. ror:resource is its own inverse? I didn't really understand what was
gained by defining two properties.

And I think ror:resource is equivalent to dc:relation in the DC vocabulary.

Pete Johnston
Research Officer (Interoperability)
UKOLN, University of Bath, Bath BA2 7AY, UK
tel: +44 (0)1225 383619    fax: +44 (0)1225 386838