Re: ROR - Resources of a Resource

From: Pete Johnston <p.johnston@ukoln.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 07:48:29 +0000
To: dvonarbu@yahoo.com
Cc: www-rdf-interest@w3.org

Quoting Dom Vonarburg <dvonarbu@yahoo.com>:

> The first draft of ROR (Resources of a Resource) is
> available at http://www.rorweb.com
>
> ROR is simple vocabulary for describing the resources
> of a resource (a website, a blog, a feed, a list of
> things, a tree or web structure, etc) in a generic
> fashion.
>
> It also provides terms for describing objects commonly
> found on websites (products, articles, feeds,
> newsletters, methods, sitemaps, menus, reviews, etc).

I noticed that you coin two properties

ror:resource

(A resource or object associated with this resource)

ror:resourceOf

(A resource or object this resource is associated with (inverse property of
resource))

Is that necessary? Aren't these two properties for the same relationship type?
i.e. ror:resource is its own inverse? I didn't really understand what was
gained by defining two properties.

And I think ror:resource is equivalent to dc:relation in the DC vocabulary.

Pete
-------
Pete Johnston
Research Officer (Interoperability)
UKOLN, University of Bath, Bath BA2 7AY, UK
tel: +44 (0)1225 383619    fax: +44 (0)1225 386838
mailto:p.johnston@ukoln.ac.uk
http://www.ukoln.ac.uk/ukoln/staff/p.johnston/