Re: Reification - whats best practice?

Eric Jain wrote:

> Thomas B. Passin wrote:
>
>> Edge rdf:type Property-that-can-have-instances
>> e1 rdf:type Edge
>> subject1 e1 object1
>> e1 me:statedOnDate "8-31-2004"
>> e1 me:statedBy "T. B. Passin"
>

> If, for example, I wanted to confirm that it was indeed you who said
> whatever, i.e. attach data to the last statement, I would have to use
> reification anyway?

Well, I do see the possibility of having every edge an individual, so I
probably should have written

e1 me:statedBy_1 "T. B. Passin"

to hint at that.  It seems to me that the kind of "recursion" you are
talking about here is not a problem with modeling properties as
individuals at all, but rather of an infinite regress of statements -

Tom said "X", but he was wrong, that's what Eric said today, but Mary
disagrees with him ....

The problem, if that is what it is, lies in the things being stated and
not in the individualness of specific RDF properties.

Or maybe I didn't understand what you meant.

Cheers,

Tom P

--
Thomas B. Passin
Explorer's Guide to the Semantic Web (Manning Books)