Re: Reification - whats best practice?

From: Dave Beckett <dave.beckett@bristol.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 15:28:09 +0100
To: Karsten Otto <otto@math.fu-berlin.de>
Cc: Patrick.Stickler@nokia.com, Eric.Jain@isb-sib.ch, www-rdf-interest@w3.org

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 15:56:31 +0200 (CEST), Karsten Otto <otto@math.fu-berlin.de> wrote:
> ... and you can even get them quite easily into RDF/XML, simply by
> allowing rdf:about/rdf:ID/rdf:nodeID on the <rdf:RDF> wrapper.
> Although there are some good arguments for a completetly different
> serialization syntax such as TriX...

We thought of that.  But slipping in such a huge change to RDF
in an existing syntax wasn't where we ended up.

I noticed that Named Graphs extends RDF in at least two ways:
1) RDF triple subjects can be literals
2) RDF triples are quads (sic)

so it's really Named non-RDF Graphs.

For reference, RDF triples are defined at
  http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-rdf-concepts-20040210/#dfn-rdf-triple
starting "An RDF triple contains three components:"

Dave