RE: RSS data transience and the semantic web

From: Dan Zambonini <dan.zambonini@boxuk.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 14:52:05 +0100
To: "DuCharme, Bob \(LNG-CHO\)" <bob.ducharme@lexisnexis.com>, <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>

Bob wrote:

> If they did save their RSS somewhere, then my query for more articles
by
> the same author would be very simple.

Assuming that the RSS contains author information... Unfortunately, most
RSS that I read only contains item/title/description :( which is wholly
useless for the finding related information (unless I care about other
titles or descriptions for the same item).  And even if the dc:creator
is specifed, it could be 'Dan Zambonini' in some, 'Daniel Zambonini' or
'Mr D Zambonini' in others... Now, URIs on the other hand...

Dan Zambonini
Box UK
Internet Development and Consultancy

t: +44 (0)29 2022 8822