Re: Reification - whats best practice?

> Sandro Hawke wrote:
> > The obvious approach I see is that Alice makes C available as a web
> > page; Bob can dereference the URI C and get the triples in the
> > context, if he wants to.  I think this is effectively what DanBri
> > suggested, although he's thinking of the URI as identifying a document
> > which is a serialization of the contents of C, and I think of the same
> > URI as identifying an RDF Graph, a representation (serialization) of
> > which can be obtained over the web.
>
> Using different documents for representing different "contexts" (or
> graphs, or models, or whatever) breaks down when you need to exchange
> data from a large amount of different contexts, say a few million...

You mean because it would involve a million round-trip fetches?  Yeah,
that would be a problem.  I would expect in practice that one wouldn't
usually need/want to fetch them all, but I'm sure there are
exceptions.

> Also, it seems strange that RDF (abstract model) would be tied to the
> use of documents (implementation detail, not present when using database
> backed storage).

Agreed.  I think reification would actually be good to have around,
with proper syntactic sugar, but it might be a good while before we
have a standard for it.

      -- sandro