Re: HTML in RDF

Yes, this is how I explained my solution to the RDF in HTML problem :-)

Seriously there are people working on systems that essentially take this
approach already. Lisa Seeman posted a message a couple of days ago, - her
work involves collecting information about documents and working out how to
render them in this kind of way. The Concept Coding Framework is working on
messaging and authoring systems for people who are not literate, so they are
producing stuff in RDF then rendering it as HTML (or SVG, or...) as a
presentation format.

I don't see how this kick-starts adoption any more or any less than zillions
of other projects though. I do think that implementation is the killer app -
and if you don't have any you aren't alive yet. Spending most of my days
looking at an application or two of the semantic web it seems that there is a
lot of momentum, and what holds  it back is that a lot of people don't
understand how to make it work, what it can and can't do, or how to get tools
for their particular task (in many cases they are not widely available today
- if you can wait a while they will be, or you can build them or pay for them
to be built...)

cheers

Chaals