named graphs

From: Phil Dawes <pdawes@users.sf.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 08:52:08 +0100
To: www-rdf-interest@w3.org

Hi All,

I'm getting to the point where I need to start including provenance
information in response to queries. I was wondering where the whole
standardisation process is wrt named graphs.

- Does the trix proposal represent current thinking in this field?

   - e.g. is the standardised model likely to be radically different
   to its multiple closed-graphs approach?

- Are there any triple stores that support the notion of named
graphs internally? (i.e through the api)

- Has there been any work on query languages supporting querying
across graphs?

e.g.
select ?foo, ?bah
where (...)