Re: Expressing triples with special characters in URLs

Jakob wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As far as I do understand the way to express a triple in XML is
>
> <rdf:Description rdf:about="http://www.mydomain.com/my_subject.html">
>   <predicates:my-predicate
>      rdf:resource="http://www.mydomain.com/my_object.html"/>
> </rdf:Description>
>
> Since characters of XML-Tagnames are more restricted than characters in URLs I
> wonder how to express triples where the predicate URL contains special
> characters like ':', '&' and '%'? Its not quite common but possible for some
> nodes (especially in my application ;-)
>
> Thanks a lot,
>   Jakob Voss

It's OK as long as the predicate ends in a NCName (e.g. a single letter)

_:a http://example.org/x%20y&z "" .

can be written

<rdf:Description>
  <eg:z xmlns:eg="http://example.org/x%20y&amp;"/>
</rdf:Description>

not pretty ... if you have a predicate that does not end in a NCName e.g.
it ends in a special character or %79 or then it is a known limitation with
RDF/XML that you can't serialize that.

Jeremy