in the uri crisis again ? (identifying persons, objects, ...)

From: Leo Sauermann <leo@gnowsis.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 18:02:02 +0200
To: <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>

when I read our recent discussion about
"Literals representing people?"

I am reminded that there is no good solution to the uri crisis yet.

the discussion will lead us to "the crisis".
and we will have endless discussion threads :-)))

I will talk to a philosophy professor soon (Herbert Hrachovec, an expert
for computer<->philosophy integration) , in a few weeks, because I think
the semantic web is an implementation of Plato's Idea space. I have an
intuitive feeling that I need some outside help to solve the uri crisis.

And the old grumble that is often mentioned does not bother me:
"oh, the mailbox of leo@gnowsis.com and the person are not the same, we
can't use the same uri"
-> solved by ontologies? the mailbox:blabla ontology will bring other
results as foaf:FirstName on the same uri. <-

so my mantra for the next hacking months is:
while( ! solved(uri_crisis))
  me.mantra("uri crisis ? not for me! I misuse any uri with a peace of
conscience")

greetings
Leo Sauermann
www.gnowsis.com