Re: Correct Owl representation

From: Thomas B. Passin <tpassin@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 20:55:25 -0400
To: www-rdf-interest <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>

Benjamin Nowack wrote:

> you are right. properties of individuals always need the additional
> datatype when serialized as RDF/XML (section 6.1 of [1]).

But this only applies if you are "using" datatypes.  IOW, the owl
statement is about the correct usage, but you have still have to
actually use it in each instance statement.  But that does not require
you to use any of the datatypes, if you do not want to (you just don't
make such an OWL statement either, I gather).

Cheers,

Tom P