Re: [dm-discuss] EAV Model and RDF

From: Adrian Walker <adrianw@snet.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 16:37:44 -0400
To: dm-discuss@yahoogroups.com
Cc: www-rdf-interest@w3.org

Rob --

It's interesting to note that, while EAV uses Entity-Attribute-Value
triples, the Resource Description Framework (RDF) for the Semantic Web also
uses triples.

In RDF, the triples are called Subject-Predicate-Object, but the underlying
idea seems to be the same.

That idea is, of course, to do a bit of second order reasoning using first
order tools, such as SQL.

                         Cheers,  -- Adrian

                    RDF  http://www.w3.org/RDF/

                            INTERNET BUSINESS LOGIC

   Business Rule Applications in English, Using Your Oracle Database

Adrian Walker
Reengineering LLC
PO Box 1412
CT 06011-1412 USA