Re: Enumeration in RDF?

From: Dan Brickley <danbri@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 12:03:37 -0400
To: Art.Barstow@nokia.com
Cc: www-rdf-interest@w3.org

* Art.Barstow@nokia.com <Art.Barstow@nokia.com> [2003-09-15 11:49-0400]

> Do the latest RDF specs define a way to do enumeration
> (e.g. a Bag may contain only 4 strings)?  If so, please
> send me the pointer.

http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-schema/#ch_collectionvocab
The rdf:List collections mechanism allows the members of a list to be
enumeated in a way that makes it clear the whole list has been
represented. RDF doesn't let you say 'a FooList has only n members'. It
might be that OWL is applicable to that task; I haven't looked. Now
would be a great time to send review comments on OWL btw, as they're in
Candidate Rec phase...

cheers,

Dan