Re: Hidden triples and self-description

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2003 22:25:56 -0400
To: Bill de hÓra <dehora@eircom.net>
Cc: www-rdf-interest@w3.org

On Sun, Sep 14, 2003 at 05:38:53AM -0400, Bill de hÓra wrote:
> Mark Baker wrote:
>
> > I think that's different.  All parties may know RDF, but those that know
> > the rules of entailment will extract additional triples from the same
> > message.
>
> It's not different. Knowing RDF means knowing its entailments, there
> isn't anything else to 'know'.

Oops, sorry, should have said "those that know the *RDFS* rules of
entailment".  Follow?  Hence my RDFS media type suggestion, as it
communicates that there are different entailments at work (i.e. makes
the message more self-descriptive).

I'm currently reading through the MT, specifically the RDFS entailment
lemma.  It seems relevant.  Now, if only I had the "for dummies"
version, I'd be all set. 8-/

Mark.