relationship of rdfs:Literal to rdfs:Resource

From: Garret Wilson <garret@globalmentor.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 21:37:53 -0700
To: www-rdf-interest@w3.org

RDF Schema says that rdfs:Literal is a subclass of rdfs:Resource.

1. Does that mean that all RDF literals are resources? For example, is
the string "5" below a resource?

<rdf:Description>
	<example:amount>5</example:amount>
</rdf:Description>

RDF Concepts and Abstract Syntax says that, "Anything represented by a
literal could also be represented by a URI...." This brings me back to a
variation of an earlier question I presented on this list:

2. What URI would I use to represent the literal "5" above, when
referring to the actual string of characters "5" (that is, not the value
five)?

3. What URI would I use to represent the xsd:boolean value represented
by the lexical form "true"?

I'm still trying to get a handle on all the ends and outs of literals.

Thanks,

Garret