Re: Hidden triples and self-description

From: Thomas B. Passin <tpassin@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 01:49:06 -0400
To: <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>

[Mark Baker]

> First, let me define a "hidden triple" to be a triple which is not
> extractable from a document by an RDF processor.  A trivial example is
> this;

Isn't your example a case of inference - namely, the type of some-object can
be inferred by a processor?  And why would it have a different status from
any other inference?  So I take it that the question is really about how
should one ask for inferences when making a query?  Not that I have the
answer ready to go, but isn't that what your question amounts to?  Or if
not, could you clarify why not?

Cheers,

Tom P