Re: Attaching (embedding?) RDF

From: Chris Dollin <chris.dollin@hp.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 18:44:28 +0000
To: www-rdf-interest@w3.org

On Monday 27 October 2003 18:05, Martin May wrote:
> I would like to attach RDF metadata to files. So far I have identified
> the following options for doing so, all of which have drawbacks:

As a variation, another option is to store the URI of the RDF metadata in
the file. You have (slightly) mroe chance of being able to embed a URI in
an existing file format than you have of embedding the entire RDF
description - and then the description is updatable without changing
the file itself.

Clever encoding technicques may be possible. Or even call the file
myFileName-myEncodingOfTheURLForTheRDF, assuming that you
have a system with sane filenamelength limits.

--
Chris "electric hedgehog" Dollin
C welcome: http://www.angelfire.com/ms3/bchambless0/welcome_to_clc.html