RE: [Fwd: RDFCore 2nd last call announcement]

From: Hammond, Tony (ELSLON) <T.Hammond@elsevier.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 11:45:29 +0100
To: 'Brian McBride' <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Cc: www-rdf-interest@w3.org

Hi Brian:

> I'd suggest that RDF schemas are useful, but not mandatory, so the lack
> of one for PRISM does not render it unsuitable for reference in the
primer.

I take your point - I guess I was just thinking about best practice and the
signals being sent out (especially by flagging it as an example application
in the Primer). I might have been confusing RDF with the Semantic Web. ;) My
concern was really that by making use of a term set without a schema we then
appear to have lost machine processability and hence automation.

Cheers,
Tony