Re: Referencing time resources

From: Libby Miller <Libby.Miller@bristol.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 14:30:34 +0100 (BST)
To: "Hammond, Tony (ELSLON)" <T.Hammond@elsevier.com>
Cc: www-rdf-interest@w3.org

How do you mean Tony? time as in date-time?

For Dates, dateTimes, Times, we've been using an RDF version of
iCalendar (developed by the RDF interest group calendaring taskforce):

    <dtstart rdf:parseType='Resource'>

(Notice the timezone reference, which in iCalendar (RFC 2445) has to
reference a timezone in the same file. Notice also that we use bnodes).

There's a problem with this approach:

There's also a problem with the W3C datetime formats note's approach to
timezones (http://www.w3.org/TR/NOTE-datetime) in the sense that it is not
possible to be completely accurate about date-times using formats like:

in the case of some timezone changeover periods.

There's lots more information on the www-rdf-calendar@w3.org list

There is a guy generating urls from times and dates, but I can't find it
offhand, sorry. I'll try again if that's what you were after.

or did you mean something else? :)